Monday, January 11, 2010

Enter The Prodigal Son

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own understanding." - Solomon (found in Proverbs 3:5)

The air has a chill. The ground seeps with cold, wet snow. The thick clouds block the view of the amazing expanse called "sky". With this cloudy mess and the deluge of snow coming from the heavens, no sunlight can get into the slightly darkened atmosphere. Sounds depressing doesn't it? This analogy well describes my first day on an entirely new campus.

From a hasty decision, I now find myself attending the college of West Virginia University-Parkersburg. I saw many familiar faces from ages past. People I once saw everyday I rediscovered after 3 1/2 years of being in another part of the state. You could say I got a bit of a taste of high school all over again, with more faces to boot.

With all of this upon me, one could say I was the prodigal son returning to an area I once called "home". This "home" no longer feels like a home to me. To tell you the truth, I felt like an American tourist trying to order a German schnitzel from a French cuisine restaurant found in the Little Italy section of Moscow. Sounds confusing, right? Good, welcome to how I felt today. Seeing no familiar faces from WVU Morgantown made me miss what I did have.........but here's the thing: this area needs God just as much as Morgantown. The difference: I must learn to trust in God's understanding as I stride along the road of recovery from a mind going slowly insane.

This was my choice. I must now step up to the plate and led the God of the universe hold me by the hand and guide my little baby steps. I want to really know what it's like to put full trust in God. I wanna see an intelligent God work wonders on a mind with so much brilliance but so much madness. I want to see God guide me to a group of believers with their eyes set on Him ready to be there with me. I want to trust God with miracles though this experience of a long gone low timer returning to point of origin. May God be given the Glory forever!

I guarantee you'll see a whole new me the next time you see me!!

"The Lord your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring you quietness with His love. He will delight in yu with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17

In Christ,
-Dutton

No comments:

Post a Comment