Monday, January 18, 2010

The Weary Traveler and Faith

"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

My body aches. My brain hurts. My heart breaks. All around me is darkness...... but light exists. It exists! I have seen a light more glorious than the bright streets of Paris on a clear, warm September evening. This light is in the form of a might warrior, one who has come to save us from ourselves: the ultimate evil. The light I speak of is Jesus Christ.

That light has what's been carrying me this past week. Getting used to being back home was a little rough at first but faith in God seems to make things like 1859485945804358029384.77 times better. I have noticed a difference in my mood and mental state. Slowly, I am coming back. The light truly is getting brighter. I personally love how God's truth can take the darkness out of our life. His truth sheds light on how backwards "the world" really is.

I am now on ADD medicine. It has given me more focus in my life, allowing me to communicate better with people. Depression comes and goes but the love and grace in Jesus Christ blesses me with the will to fight it. Slowly, things are getting better but there are still issues in my life to be settled. Everyone has them. The Bible does call us to suffer. My mental state is improving. God's loves really does cover up so much.

My mom's health is still not too good. She suffers with a back that gives her horrendous pain, breathing trouble that forces her to have an oxygen tube hooked into her nose 24/7 and is still recovering mentally from a stroke. My step dad has a hurt shoulder and will have to have surgery soon. Because of this, the physical burden of doing daily tasks falls on the youthful and healthy shoulders that God blesses me with. My body is weary like that of a traveler who rests very little. It's not easy but loving others takes sacrifice. Actually, it takes the denial of self, something I have had to learn lately.

God, in His infinite love, has blessed me with a new ministry: Chi Alpha. I do miss Crusade but I feel God will do big things in the future with me and other college students being in this ministry. The Lord knows that much of the Parkersburg metro area needs a "divine wake-up call", a big reason why I came back home.

So, God is good in ALL that He does, not matter what our selfish minds (mine included) could ever make us believe.

I have learned this past week that faith is SO important to recovery in any situation. People say God doesn't exist. The world is too evil for a loving God to be floating around. Well, that's a big lie. HE DOES EXIST! I don't need to touch Him to believe of His presence in the universe. That's why it's called "faith". My body hurts from this past week but it's only a temporary form. Faith in God gives me the strength to carry on.

.....but still, the weariness is too much to bear.

"The heavens were made by the word of the Lord, and all the stars, by the breath of His mouth."-Psalms 33:6

Gotta love how God isn't a tool, unlike the watchers of "Jersey Shore".

In Him,
Dutton

1 comment:

  1. Dutton, I love your blog. I am praying for you, brother! Keep your eyes on Jesus - He loves and cares for you! :)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete